Wednesday, May 29, 2024

From The Beginning


"For this is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another."
- 1
John 3:11

I cannot sleep tonight, therefore I write.

I'm scrolling through YouTube yesterday in between chores; giving my body some time to recover from yard work, and I came across a video of Emerson, Lake, and Palmer's song "From The Beginning" (1972).

The 70's sure had some good music, and ELP provided a few of the greats, that's for sure. But some songs feature lyrics that can have multiple meanings. Kind of like a parable.

You see it's all clear
You were meant to be here
From the beginning

I touched on this a bit a few stories ago. About how we were chosen before the creation of the world.

For most of my life I was obvilious to God's Word. I knew some verses. But none of them meant anything. I didn't go to church. So what happened?

As near as I could figure, something in me got 'activated.' I began reading the Bible and found out what it was.

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." - Revelation 3:20

Of course, Jesus is not standing at any door. This is a figure of speech. 'The door' is our heart. Jesus wants us to open our hearts to Him. And when we do, THEN He comes in.

God gave us free will. "Our will" is us opening the door that Jesus is knocking on - our heart.

He has been waiting to "come in and eat with us" for a long time. From the beginning. Is Jesus knocking on your door right now?

Nothing got 'activated' in me. I was given something.

"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you." - Acts 1:8

“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2:8

Do youself a favor. Open the door. Let Jesus come into your life.

"For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." - Matthew 7:14

From The Beginning - Emerson Lake & Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment