Wednesday, May 22, 2024

In His Eyes


An update on my eye surgery and how God works in the lives if those who love Him.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

After having lens replacement surgery on my right eye back in January, I emerged from it less that pleased with the results. You can read about it here.

When I told the surgeon about the problem I was having, the surgeon prescribed a series of eye drops, hoping to reduce the swelling at the back of my eye. They didn't work.

For my follow up visit I had a speech all prepared for exactly what I thought should happen next. Should he suggest more surgery, my answer would be, "No way! Not until this eye gets fixed first!"

So, I went in for my appointment a few weeks ago. I had prayed and was feeling quite sure about things. But how would the surgeon feel? Here's what he told me.

"Well, the eye drops didn't work. I think we should wait with any further surgery until your right eyes is better than your left eye. Let's check your vision and we'll give you a prescription for new lenses. Come back in a year and we'll reassess."

Wow! He stole my whole speech! That's exactly what I wanted!

Plus, I feel reassured that, through prayer and faith, that God really does work all things together for good. For those who love Him.

As I write this I have new lenses for my glasses. Things are a bit clearer and brighter. My vision is still a little blurry but that's okay. I'm satisfied for now. God is so good!

Also, I am really looking forward to getting that new glorified body that the Bible tells us about. All things will be made new - including my eyes!

"For we live by faith, not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment