Monday, September 21, 2026

Guard Your Hearts


Today I would like to share with you something that might be hard to understand. Like the following verse says, it "surpasses all understanding." And that it does.

"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."
- Philippians 4:7

There are three key parts to that verse. The first, is what many people seek but never seem to find. The peace of God. It's an amazing peace which, like the verse says, is hard to understand.

I became a Christian 20 years ago. I didn't know it at the time but, as I grew in my faith, something else in me shrunk. Anxiety, worry, and fear, all faded from within me. They are no longer part of my life.

How did that happen? I have no idea. All I know is that, when I came to believe in Jesus, my everyday worries began to fade. And today? They are gone. I don't worry about anything. I don't know why, but the Holy Spirit somehow extinguishes them before they even start.

The second thing to the peace of God is that it surpasses all understanding. We already kind of talked about that. It's absolutely amazing. I hear people talking about being worried about this or that and I go, "Really? Why are you worried? You don't have to be." But they can't understand it.

The third thing in the verse above is the "How to" part. It is essential to obtaining that incredible peace that Paul was writing about to the church in Philippi. "In Christ."

This is one of those math things. If A = B, and B = C, then A = C. If you truly believe in Jesus, you will receive the Holy Spirit. If you receive the Holy Spirit, you will receive the peace that surpasses all understanding. It adds up! In a way, it's a math test.

Do you worry? If you do, then the next question becomes, "Are you sure you're in Christ?"

I once heard someone say, "If you're worried about something, you're really saying, "God can't handle this." I think that's true.

God's peace is an amazing thing to have. Do you have that peace in YOUR life? I hope you do.

"I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." - Galatians 2:20

"For in Him we live and move and have our being." - Acts 17:28

No comments:

Post a Comment