My wife and I just finished a two-day, fall color, waterfall trip up to Superior, Wisconsin. It was nice. MORE than nice actually. But trying to cram all of our activities into two days was quite the challenge.
Weeks in advance, I had chosen a nice 18-hole course to play. Well, that got changed to nine holes, and the closest we could find to our hotel. But that change led to one of the nicest rounds I have played all year.
My wife had mentioned how she wasn't getting enough steps in, so I asked her if she wanted to walk with me as I played. Amazingly, she said yes. That was nice.
The first hole had a beautiful plumb tree near the fairway. Half of its fruit was already on the ground. My wife said she wished she had brought a bag along so she could take some home for the deer which frequent our yard. Nice. I offered one of my discs for their gathering on our way back to the car afterwards.
On Hole 2 my tee shot landed near some weeds and brush. I found someone's disc just lying there as I searched for mine. No name or number. So, I put it in my bag, intending to give it to one of the kids in my disc golf class when I got back home.
A few holes later my wife picked up a discarded fast food plastic drink cup. It was nice of her to do that. "I can use this to put the plumbs in," she said. Nice.
I finished the last hole while my wife picked up her plumbs. After putting out, I turned to head back to our car and observed another disc golfer coming out of the woods. We were both walking in the same direction. I reached into my bag and gave him the disc I had found. He was very appreciative. Nice. My wife saw me do this and said, "That was nice."
I gave the park a nice rating of 5 stars. It was a beautiful park and a wonderful time spent with my wife. It was a very, VERY nice day.
The word "nice" never appears in the Bible. At least not in the NIV, ESV, KJV, or NKJV. It DOES appear once in the NASB, but not in the "nicest" context. Ah, well.
My wife awoke this morning and went out to see if the deer had eaten then plums she had put out for them. They were ALL gone.
Nice.
May God bless you always. And have a nice day!
"We can say what we believe, but you will know who I am by the things that I do." - Mark Hall, Casting Crowns.
"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

No comments:
Post a Comment