Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Somethin's Happenin'


"Somethin's happenin' here. What it is ain't exactly clear."

Boy, ain't THAT the truth.

"There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people - everyone whose name is found written in the book - will be delivered. ²Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. ³Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. ⁴But you, Daniel, roll up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge." - Daniel 12:1-4

Interesting.

I have written about this topic before, but something seems different as I consider today's story. Something's happening or is about to.

Jesus told us to look for signs, indicators of His soon return. He also said that "no one knows the day or the hour" (Matthew 24:36). Well, those "signs" are happening right now, and at an increasingly frequent rate. But I have noticed something else. Something new. What is it? Well, God has been blessing me lately. A lot.

It's hard to explain, but it's almost like God wants to bless me before I leave this place. And, if that's the case, how and when am I going? I have no idea. But I am ready. 🙂 The average age of death for men in this country was 76.5 men in 2024. I'm 73. I'm not worried about it, but I DO think about it from time to time.

I no longer watch the news with any interest. Nor do I care who gets voted into office in the upcoming election. I'll still vote, but more so out of duty than activism. God chooses those who come into office, all for His purpose and glory.

But then I came across this verse in one of those Facebook Reels, seemingly at random.

"And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time." - Daniel 7:25, KJV

At first I thought the video was incorrect. It stated that he (The Antichrist) would "wear out" the saints, but the NIV said "opress," but indeed the KJV, ESV, and NASB all say "wear down" or "wear out." Here's the NIV:

"He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time." - Daniel 7:25

Are you feeling worn down by everything that's been happening lately? I sure am. According to Daniel, it is something that happens to all believers before the Tribulation begins.

Is there someone on the world stage right now who is "wearing out" all of the Christians? I don't know. But, if the pre-tribulation rapture of the church is correct, we won't know who the Antichrist is. Why? Because we'll be gone.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. ²⁴And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, ²⁵not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." - Hebrews 10:23-25

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment