Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Where's My Brain?


On Tuesdays I always drive over to Neenah to visit a few of my workmates. It's routine. I love doing that and pouring into my earthly relationships with love and compassion. It's what I do.

Yesterday was no different, only I was going early so I could get a few things at Menards, do a little shopping at Walmart, and then have a nice, leisurely lunch at Subway. That sounds like a great day, doesn't it? Yeah!

Too bad I left my wallet at home. No lunch money. No credit cards. No lunch. No driver's license. It was a good thing I didn't need gas! So, what now?

The first thing I thought of was, "I bet this is how people will feel when they die and think they are going to heaven, only to discover they don't have Jesus."

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. ²²Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ ²³Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ - Matthew 7:21-23

The second thing I thought was this: What if God wanted me to arrive early at my former workplace for a reason. Was there someone He wanted me to talk with, besides the usual victims?

I did reconnect with another friend yesterday. That was good, but also kind of normal. Maybe it's just that I forgot my wallet and now I have to make a second trip on a different day. Stay tuned.

But let me say this: You had better be sure you know Jesus. And by that I mean, Jesus needs to know you are His. It's more than just knowing who He is. Everyone knows that. It's more than just "believing" He exists. Even the demons believe that. There has to be something else.

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that - and shudder." - James 2:19

And here is the key.

You have to repent of your sins. All of them. And then you must become changed. And what do I mean by 'changed'? You must receive the Holy Spirit. And THAT, my friends, will most definitely change you!

And how do you know if you have the Holy Spirit in you? How do you know that you have been changed?

Oh, there will be signs.

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, ²³gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." - Galatians 5:22-23

And then it hit me. The real reason I arrived early at my old workplace. The love!

You see, my aunt died Monday night. I shared that fact with my friends at work and received multiple expressionsof compassion in return. And maybe THAT is the real reason I got there early. To verbally mourn for my aunt, and receive some hugs "from God."

God is SO good! Make sure Jesus is Lord of your life. You will never regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment