Monday, April 1, 2019

Alone

My wife is currently out of town. She is having fun in New York City with a friend. I, however, am alone. And being alone sucks.

Sometimes being alone is alright. Like after you've been at work or school all day and you just need some "alone time". I get that. But then there are those times you are alone when you really don't want to be. Those times are the worst.

A lot of people are alone in this world. How do I know that? There is a video at the end of this story about being alone. How many people do you think have watched it? A million? Two million? Nope. 1.2 BILLION!! That's a lot of lonely people!

A lot of us are afraid of being alone. Being alone is a lot like going to the dentist. We don't really want to go there but sometimes we have to. And sometimes its quite painful.

There are people in my life who are alone. Some say they like it. I don't believe them. It's more like they've gotten use to being that way.

Sometimes being alone is forced on us. My mom was alone when my dad died. Oh, there were people visiting all the time and that was great but at some point you have to turn out the lights and go to bed. It can be very lonely in the dark.

At least I have Jesus with me during the times I find myself unwillingly alone. He has promised never to leave me or forsake me. That's amazing.

"6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. - Deuteronomy 31:6

And when I am alone at night I pray or I read myself to sleep. Why? Well, it's because in Him there is no darkness. It's like He makes my heart light up.

"5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all." - 1 John 1:5

If you will only place your faith and trust in Jesus, repent of your sins and follow Jesus, you will find that you are never truly alone and there will always be a nightlight on . . . in your heart. And, should you ever feel alone, even after all that, give me a call. Being alone is always better when there's someone with you.

Alone - Marshmello

No comments:

Post a Comment