Monday, April 22, 2019

One Day

Well, this certainly has been a rough week. Although others had it worse than me I guess so I can't complain. Still, I don't really remember feeling this bad for quite some time.

When I try to remember the low points I have gone through in my life I am grateful there haven't been too many. ANY is one too many if it comes with the loss of a family member or a friend.

This past week seemed to be marked by death. There was good Friday, when we remember our Lord and Savior, Jesus who was betrayed and crucified. And then on Tuesday a young acquaintance of mine was murdered in northern Minnesota. Her name was Chere and she was 20 years old.

I guess it really doesn't matter what age someone is when they get ripped from our lives and our hearts. Jesus was 33. Chere was 20. Both way to young from my vantage point at age 66. Still, each one touched the lives of others in a positive way and for that we should be grateful.

The thing that makes Jesus stand out above all others is that three days after Jesus was murdered He rose from the dead. He lives still at the right hand of God The Father. Jesus has been called The Blessed Hope, and that He is!

Jesus promised us that a simple belief in Him would grant us eternal life.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

There is great hope to be found in that promise that Jesus made. The question is, is that hope actually in OUR hearts? Do WE truly believe in Jesus? Did Chere believe in Jesus? I cling tightly to a hope that she did. I did not know Chere well enough or long enough to know what she believed, but I DO have hope in my heart. I will have that hope until I find out for sure one fine day.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13

I have placed my faith in Jesus. My hope is in Him and Him alone. And my love for Jesus runs deep. I also love Chere. Many did. We hope that we will see her one day when we too pass over to the other side. Until that day we should continue in faith, hope and love. And we pray for those who are hurting from Chere's death in the name of Jesus. He is our first and greatest hope. Let us love one another. And may we never give up hope. One day we will see . . . face to face.

"There is no other name under heaven given among men in which we can be saved." - Acts 4:12

Me and Chere - 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment