Wednesday, November 6, 2019

I Choose You

Have you ever heard something over and over, like somebody was trying to tell you something? Or send you a message? It happened to me yesterday.

I was reading through the Book of Acts and came across this verse. It made me stop and think for a moment, as it has in the past.

"When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed." - Acts 13:48

The way I understand that verse is that SOME people are NOT appointed to eternal life. Some are and some are not. That's scary right there. Keep that in mind as you read this from the Book of Ephesians.

"For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight." - Ephesians 1:4

God, who has no beginning and no end, who has seen everything future and everything past, chose you. If you have placed your faith in Christ, God chose you!

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day." - John 6:44

That means that if you are a Christian, God chose you, you didn't choose Him. We might think we made a conscious choice but it's really more like we finally woke up.

If all that is true (and it is) then why should we evangelize? Why should we share the Gospel with others? Well, what if God already chose you to share the Gospel with someone next week Tuesday?

I tell you all this because I read the opening verse of this story on Monday during my daily reading. On Tuesday, while I was talking with a friend, the verse also came up in our conversation and I said, "I just read that!" Then, when I got into the car to drive home, I heard the same verse again on a talk show. Is someone trying to tell me something?

And that is why I am writing about it today, just in case God wants to use that verse to impact someone's life. A life He already chose . . . before they were even born.

Is God amazing or what?

Watch & Learn, I Choose You, Night Fit - Thomas Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment