Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Deep Cuts

Have you ever gotten a really deep paper cut? Those babies sure hurt! But, for as painful as those cuts are, there is still another kind of cut that hurts even worse. A wound from someone you love.

Divorces cause a lot of pain. Both the husband and the wife get hurt. And if there are any kids in the family? Ouch! The hurt can really run deep.

Pain can also be caused by close friends. At least you thought you were close until that one day they turned on you. And for no apparent reason. Pain also comes from a loss - the death of a loved one. It can feel like WE are the ones who died.

Did you ever work some place where you felt like you were part of a family? Then one day some new guys come to run the ship. They decide to make some changes and YOU were one of them. The pain runs deep.

So, what do you do when you get hurt like that? Well, you could get angry and fight back. You could do nothing and let the pain fester inside of you until it gets infected and kills you. What can we do when the pain hurts so much you just want it to stop?

Turn to Jesus. It's a simple answer. So why is it so difficult?

Jesus is not called "the great physician" for nothing. He heals broken hearts. He restores our brokenness and makes us whole again. God has promised to never leave us or forsake us.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

As someone who has given his life to Christ I can tell you that you will never feel alone again. Not when you are part of God's family. There is peace and hope for a future in store.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

A future assured, peace, hope, never lonely, always loved, never forsaken. If you don't know Jesus, if He is not the Lord of your life yet, consider His offer. He WILL restore your soul.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever." - Psalm 23:1-6

I Am Not Alone - Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment