Saturday, March 28, 2020

The Corona Prophecy?

I'm no Biblical scholar, that's for sure. But when I came across Jeremiah 19 in my reading yesterday I couldn't help but think that what I was reading was meant for us during this time of viruses and death. Read it for yourself and tell me if you don't agree.

I'm not going to copy and paste the entire chapter here. There's a link at the end. But I will write down all of the verses I underlined in my Bible. You tell me if this doesn't apply to this time we are going through right now.

Verse 3: "Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: “Behold, I will bring such a catastrophe on this place, that whoever hears of it, his ears will tingle."

Verse 4, 5 and 6: Because they have forsaken Me . . . and have filled this place with the blood of the innocents . . . which I did not command or speak, nor did it come into My mind . . . that this place shall . . . be called . . . the Valley of Slaughter."

Verse 8: "I will make this city desolate and a hissing; everyone who passes by it will be astonished and hiss because of all its plagues."

Verse 15: ““Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: ‘Behold, I will bring on this city and on all her towns all the doom that I have pronounced against it, because they have stiffened their necks that they might not hear My words.’ ”

Yes, I have cherry-picked some verses here but as I read the text of Jeremiah 19 I couldn't help but think about the Covid-19 situation in our world right now. Are we in the midst of a catastrophe (verse3)? Yes. Have we forsaken God (verse 4)? and slaughtered the innocent (also verse 4) through abortion of our young? Yes.

Are cities being made desolate because of the plague (verse 8)? Yes. Have you seen the pictures of all the empty streets lately? And we all know what caused it. the plague of the Covid-19 virus. And who brought the plague? Could God done this as a warning. Why?

"because they have stiffened their necks that they might not hear My words.’ ” (verse 15)

In my opinion, the time for repentance is now. Last call for the freedom train! Like I said, I'm not a prophet or biblical scholar but I do read the Bible and I do know the characteristics of God. The entire Bible is about Him you know. He HAS done something like this virus thing before. The Old Testament is full of examples.

Does God change? No. Does His nature change? No.

Well?

Whether this virus is of God or not, I do not know. But I do know this: Jesus will return one day. I don't know what that day is either. But I know that when He DOES return we should be found ready. And that is our question. Are we ready? Is Jesus Lord of your life? If He is then this last passage of scripture should bring you hope.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Sign Of The Broken Flask

No comments:

Post a Comment