Monday, March 16, 2020

You Lift Me Up

It's interesting how God knows exactly when we need to be lifted up. He sometimes nudges someone to say or do something and, when it happens, you just KNOW it was Him. That happened to me this past week. Right when I needed it most.

I always check Facebook before going to bed, just to make sure everything was okay with those I love. It wasn't. The daughter of a friend of mine had been raped last fall and she was making her increasingly obvious pregnancy public. I was devastated.

I had seen this girl grow up in our church. We went on a mission trip together. And now . . . I had a hard time falling asleep to say the least. So much compassion for her, so much prayer.

The following day my emotions were a weird combination of both angry and sad. Not wanting to say or do anything. Just stare. That's when I received a message from a friend.

"Hey," the message read, "I've got something to tell you. You're amazing. God bless you."

What? How did this person know that I needed to be cheered up? The answer, I believe, is that they didn't know. But God did.

"but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

God is simply amazing. Just when you think you've got Him figured out, He impresses you even more with His love and compassion. He gives us friends and family to love and who love us right back. Often when we really need it the most.

Psalm 91 (On Eagle's Wings) - Shane and Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment