Monday, February 1, 2021

Alive For Christ

It is easy for me to sit here in the comfort of my home and write these stories. I have power for my computer, lighting and heat. My wife and I have money in the bank, gas in our vehicles and plenty of food in the fridge. Others on this earth however have none of the above.

The lady in the picture is Janette. She lives in the Central Africa Republic. She loves her community and family just like you and I love ours. That all changed one day when some Islamic extremists rode into town. All of the Christians were either killed or driven out. Janette's church was burned. Yet she still smiles. Why? First, another story.

I watched a undercover video of some missionaries smuggling Bibles into North Korea. The video also showed some footage taken of the concentration camps - where the missionaries would go if they ever got caught.

Back to Janette. She survived the attack on her village because she grabbed her kids and disappeared into the bush. No shoes, no food, no clothing, no shelter . . . just what was important.

Janette still worships. She sings worship songs in her burned out church. No roof. No home. But she has a merciful God who kept her and her family alive. And she praises Him for that every day of her life.

And here I sit in my comfy little house wondering if I should go to church or not because it's snowing.

What's that in my ear I hear? It is God's Holy Spirit saying, "I dare YOU to move in His name."

Let's go!

Janette's Story - Voice of The Martyrs
Dare You To Move - Switchfoot


No comments:

Post a Comment