Monday, February 15, 2021

Doors

Walk down any street, in any country. You can see them everywhere. Visible representations of invisible decisions to be made.

Have you walked through any doors in your life that you wish you had left closed? How about unopened doors you wish you had tried to open but didn't?

Life is a series of doors. Decisions. Each of us, right now, is the result of every door we've ever opened or doors we've chosen to leave shut. And here we are.

I have opened doors in my life that should have remained shut. I have also walked right by an open door that God intended for me to enter. I never even saw it. How can we keep from making mistakes with our critical life decisions?

"They said to him, “Inquire of God, please, that we may know whether our way on which we are going will be prosperous.” The priest said to them, “Go in peace; your way in which you are going has the Lord’s approval.” - Judges 18:5-6

We can be so sure of ourselves. SO sure that we will keep trying to open a closed door. Or we will come to an open doorway and refuse to enter. If only we would ask God in prayer what He would like us to do . . . which way we should go.

"There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." - Proverbs 14:12

The times I have "inquired of the Lord" in prayer before making a critical decision, sadly, are few. But when I have prayed about a particular thing before hand and followed God's leading, I have always been blessed as a result.

In the Book of Revelation, Jesus warned seven churches. All of the churches had something wrong with the decisions they were making. Jesus corrected them. One church however was doing things well - the church in Philadelphia. And what did Jesus offer them? An open door.

"I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." - Revelation 3:8

When we arrive at the gates of heaven one day we want to have an open door standing in front of us. Pray that God would open that door for you. Pray that God would lead ALL of your decision making. Pray for open doors AND closed ones, according to God's will . . . not our own.

Riders On The Storm - The Doors

No comments:

Post a Comment