Wednesday, February 17, 2021

His Many Blessings

"Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. 8 They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." - Jeremiah 17:7-8

How have you ever been blessed in your life? A wonderful spouse? Kids? Grandkids? A special friend?

Of course the world tells you that blessings come in the form of wealth, power and fame. God's blessings seldom come with price tags attached. That's because God's blessings are usually priceless.

I was sitting in church this past Sunday when the pastor asked us to stand for the last worship song. We were just starting to sing the first verse when I sensed movement to my left. Someone was approaching me. It was my friend Chris. He walked up and stood right beside me.

I put my arm around him and patted him on the back. Chris has been through a lot recently. His brother is battling cancer right now and he is Chris's best friend.

Each time Chris sees me in church he always asks me if I am going to Lifest - a Christian music festival in Oshkosh.

"You goin'?" he asks.

"Yep" or "We'll see," are my usual replies.

As we sang I prayed. Why had Chris come over to stand by me? He'd never done it before. Did he think I looked lonely? Or did he just want to hang out with a friend?

Chris and I finished singing the worship song and then we turned and gave each other a hug.

Who cares why he came over. It was a blessing to me. I looked at Chris as we walked out of the sanctuary.

Nope. No price tag.

How will God bless YOU today?

Blessings - Laura Story

No comments:

Post a Comment