Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Love Dream Hope

"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."
- Acts 2:17

Well, I am definitely old, and when I have a dream about someone specific, I always try to follow through. I remind that person of some truths about God like just how much He loves them. Today was one of those days.

I have received messages from a few younger people recently. It doesn't matter what the reason was. They all get prayed for. The message I received this morning however, was in the form of a dream.

It is not known to me what this person needs, if anything. So, I offer words of encouragement and share a Bible verse or two. This was today's verse of encouragement.

"Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

A young friend of mine contacted me this week. She is currently living in a homeless shelter with her two kids. I offered a few 'next step' suggestions, some encouragement and prayer. I asked about her current relationship with Jesus and whether or not she had been going to worship. The answers were 'not good' and 'no'.

I then had her go get a Bible and read this verse, asking if God might be telling her something as she read it:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14

We ALL need encouragement from time to time. We are to 'love one another' (John 13:34) every day. What does that love look like? I think it's different in every situation. The important thing to remember is that, as much as we need to BE loved, we need to exhibit that love towards others.

'Be Jesus' in someone's life today.

"Encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness." - Hebrews 3:13

The Word - Sara Groves


No comments:

Post a Comment