Monday, February 7, 2022

Martha! Martha!

“Martha, Martha,”
the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed - or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
- Luke 10:41-42

This is a great promise from God and an answer to many questions. First, in verse 42 Jesus tells Martha only one thing is needed in this life - Him!

The second thing He tells Martha is "it will not be taken from her (Mary)." What is the 'it'? Her faith? Jesus? Her salvation? I think it's the latter.

When doubt and insecurity creep into our thoughts we can begin to question everything. One big question that often gets asked is, "Am I truly saved"? Which begs another question, "How do I know if I am truly saved"?

Remember this: Martha knew who Jesus was. But she didn't REALLY know Him.

Let me ask you THIS question. Have you been changed? Do you have a 'before' and an 'after'? When people meet Jesus, they ALL become changed.

'Before I met Jesus' should be part of every testimony we have.

Before I met Jesus, I was very self-centered and self-absorbed. After I met Jesus, I changed. I am more concerned with others than I am with myself.

In the passage above, Martha is concerned with the things of this world. Mary's only concern is with Jesus.

Do we look at our busy lives and only concern ourselves with work, the next party or what's on television? Or is our primary focus on God and doing His will here on earth?

Do you remember that part of The Lord's Prayer where it says, "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven"?

Well?

Be a 'Mary' in this world, not a 'Martha'. You will be blessed for it, and that blessing, Jesus and your salvation, will never be taken from you. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment