Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Missing You

Is it possible to miss someone you have never even met? Well, I'm here to say, "Yes. Yes, it is."

I have noticed something about my prayers lately. They have become more desperate in nature. I suppose it's due to the deteriorating state of the world we live in. I tell God that I can't wait for the return of His Son, Jesus. I also say that I hope it's soon.

Do you remember that 80's ballad by John Waite called Missing You? There's a link to the song below. Here's some of the lyrics.

Every time I think of you
I always catch my breath
And I'm still standing here
And you're miles away
And I'm wondering why you left

Well, you definitely are "miles away" and just why DID you leave anyway?

"My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:2-3

Oh yeah, I forgot with all of the stuff on the news. Sorry. More lyrics.

I hear your name in certain circles
And it always makes me smile
I spend my time
Thinking about you
And it's almost driving me wild

I do hear you name, but only in certain circles. Like church or when I am praying with a friend. And I Do spend my time thinking about You. I can't seem to stop. I guess that comes with having Your Holy Spirit living inside of me. I read about you daily. I utter little prayers throughout the day and wonder what heaven is like.

Does that sound like I'm missing You, Lord?

They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Whoever "they" are, they are right. It seems that with every passing day I am missing You more and more. Almost to the breaking point. But You won't let that happen. That's how I know that You are coming back soon. Lots of people are missing You right now.

There is an Aramaic word - Maranatha. The word means "the Lord is coming" or "come, O Lord." Perhaps I could just end this story with those words.

I miss You, Jesus. Maranatha. Please?

"All my longings lie open before you, Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you." - Psalm 38:9

Missing You - John Waite

No comments:

Post a Comment