Saturday, May 6, 2023

Ambulance Observations


A few observations for you this morning from yesterday's ride in the back of an ambulance. Before I begin however I would like to thank all of my family and friends who prayed for me. I am sitting in my living room today, writing this story, as a result of those prayers, and God's grace. I love you all.

Devotion - This was exemplified by my wife. Always by my side. Driving me to the hospital, holding my hand in the ER, following behind me as I was transported to another hospital. She is a picture of love and devotion.

"Your lovingkindness, O Lord, extends to the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the skies." - Psalm 36:5

Servants -- the staff of two hospitals and an ambulance service. They did their jobs, like they do everyday, often without acknowledgement. Yet their work is essential if anyone is to be saved.

"Love the Lord your God, walk in obedience to him, keep his commands, hold fast to him and serve him with all your heart and with all your soul." - Joshua 22:5

Love - My phone kept lighting up yesterday with messages of encouragement and prayer. Each time I saw their names I thanked God for them.

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” - John 13:34-35

Peace - Through all the needles, tests, and pain of the past few days, none of it bothered me our caused me any amount of anxiety. Why? Because God takes away our fears. His power over all things is amazing.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

Hope - These past few days have proven God's grace, mercy and love for those who love him. That provides hope for any and all such encounters in the future. Hope is essential to the living of life.

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31

In our times of trouble, God is always there. When we are alone, He is with us. When we are anxious, God calms all our fears.

So, if you are anxious, in trouble, and feeling alone, that is because you have not fully trusted in God. God is not a cross you wear around your neck. He is the hope and love that we have in your hearts.

"Faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments:

Post a Comment