Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Where To Begin


We all have people in our lives who don't know Jesus. They have heard of Him, but just aren't interested in Him. We LOVE these people. But how do we lovingly talk to them about Jesus?

I got a card in the mail from some friends of mine who had heard about my visit to the ER a few weeks ago. They were very concerned about me but are not on Facebook and one of them doesn't even have a phone.

So, I took a chance and stopped by their house yesterday. The look on their faces was priceless. They were so concerned about me. It was very touching. And humbling.

Neither one is a born-again Christian. For this reason my heart aches for them. What should I do?

This morning I feel this "pulling" in my heart for these two so I think I must ask for another meeting with them. But what do I say?

Being a guy, I wrote down a six-step plan of attack. It was filled with Bible verses and all of it was true and good. But then just deleted it. Why?

That's not the way. The key these two is love.

These two friends have demonstrated great love for me. And it will be through my love for them that I tell them about Jesus. He has an ever deeper love, for all people.

Won't you please pray for my friends? Their names are Sandy and Mike. Pray for hearts willing to hear God's plan of salvation. And please pray for me also, that my heart would speak to them and not my mind.

Jesus told His disciples that love was 'the first and greatest commandment.' It is the love of Jesus that heals the most calloused of hearts. Who in your life needs to hear about God's love today?

 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself." - Matthew 22:37-39

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command." - John 15:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment