Wednesday, May 17, 2023

The Music In Me


Can you recite Isaiah 55:12 from memory? I bet you could, if you sing one particular worship song in church. If you do, this should sound familar.

"You will go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
    will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field
    will clap their hands." - Isaiah 55:12

Or how about Matthew 11:28-30? The only way I can recite those verses is because of a song I heard 10 years ago. There's a link to that song below.

Right now I am memorizing Ephesians 6:10-11. Not because I am trying to. I'm
 listening to a music CD as we prepare to teach VBS this summer. 

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil." - Ephesians 6:10-11

Why is it easier to memorize things if it is set to music? All of a sudden a song pops into our heads and we can't stop singing it. Why? We learned our ABC's as children singing a song, right? And you still know it, right?

I think singing songs engages our memorization super power. It's because of who we were created to be. Worshippers.

"My chosen people, the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise." - Isaiah 43:20-20

Let us "go out with joy and be led forth in peace" today. We were created to worship and memorize His Word. To sing His praise!

"Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." - Deuteronomy 11:18-19

So, let us sing God's praises, now and forevermore!

Come To Me - Aaron Shust

No comments:

Post a Comment