Saturday, May 13, 2023

You Are My Witnesses


"You are my witnesses,"
says LORD, "And my servant whom I have chosen." - Isaiah 43:10

God repeats that "You are my witnesses" phrase three times in chapters 43 and 44 of Isaiah. Why? Could it be because God wants us to, oh, I don't know, be His witnesses?

In my last story I wrote about King Hezekiah and his thankful prayer to God for extending his life by 15 years. I kind of feel the same way after a visit to the ER last week. Thankful!

But how does being thankful translate into being a witness for God? I mean, what do we do?

This past Tuesday I visited the place where I used to work. Everyone was glad to see me and to SEE that I truly was recovering. Hugs, smiles, and love are wonderful healing tools.

Everyone asked how I was doing. And I told them. I was a witness to God's goodness and healing power. A dozen people heard that day about God, Isaiah, and Hezekiah. They heard Bible verses and could see in my eyes what they meant to me.

THAT is what being a witness for God means. It's a loving conversation between two people who care about each other. It's living out that love in daily life.

I've seen people standing on a street corner with a sign telling me I need to repent because, "the end is near." While that is certainly true, it's not being a very effective witness.

Do you remember what Jesus said was 'the first and greatest commandment?" It's to love (Luke 10:27). More on that next time, but for now, know this.

No one can argue with your personal story, of how God has touched YOUR life. Always be ready to tell it. And, when you tell it, tell it with truth and love. You will be praising God and bringing glory to His name.

"But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." - 1 Peter 3:15

What's your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment