Monday, July 29, 2024

Going Home


There are certain songs that have a special meaning in my heart. Going Home is one of them. Why is it so meaningful? Well, there are several reasons.

Maybe it's the simple beauty of the singer's voice. It's amazing to me.

Second, I have seen Sara Groves perform several times, so perhaps there is a personal reason I like this song so much. The entire crowd sang this song with her.

It also brings back memories of a time in my walk with Christ when I was more excited about the Lord. I long for that again.

But I think that the thing I long for the most is the return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The words of the chorus relect this feeling. And I cannot wait!

Going home, I'll meet you at the table
Going home, I'll meet you in the air
And you are never too young to think about it
Oh, I cannot wait to be going, to be going home

Sarah's words are based in scripture. Another reason that I love this song. It's filled with truth.

"Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord." - 1 Thessalonians 4:17

The reason I can't wait for His return is the condition that our world has degenerated into. It's sad to watch.

The world of today features so many things that are against God and His commands for us. DEI for example. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. That's just a way of tipping the scales based on race and sexual orientation, and God does not like that from the start.

"The LORD detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with him." - Proverbs 11:1

When companies begin favoring LGBTQ+ fools over "normal" people, that's something that God hates. Punishment cannot be far off. Especially after that Olympic opening ceremony. But more on that in a future story, should the Lord tarry.

We are capable of so much better. It must break God's heart to see all of these things happening. Our hope rests in Him.

But I do sense a change in the hearts of a few of us. We have begun to push back against examples of DEI hirings of companies. Remember Bud Lite's recent as campaign? It cost the company millions! Good.

Another example is the head of the Secret Service. If she was the best person for the job, we are in a sad situation. But sadly, she was another DEI hire that went bad.

When the Lord does return I hope He finds us fighting against such things. In the words of a recent presidential candidate...

"Fight! Fight! Fight!"

We must be found fighting for God and His Word when our Lord returns.

Oh, I cannot wait to be going home!

Going Home - Sarah Groves

No comments:

Post a Comment