Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Pass It On!


Have you ever watched the movie Lucy? It stars Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman. I'm not sure I want to watch it. It looks a little creepy.

I've seen a few clips on YouTube though (hence the creepiness opinion). In one of the clips I watched (link at bottom), Lucy calls Professor Norman (Freeman) to talk about his theories.

She is seeking advice on what to do next with all of the knowledge she has accumulated.

Lucy: "All this knowledge. I don't know what to do with it."

Professor Norman: "If you think about the very nature of life, I mean, from the very beginning, the development of the first cell, divided into two cells, this whole purpose of life has been there. Pass on what was learned."

What do we do with all of our knowledge about Jesus, the Gospel, and the Bible? Not many, it seems, want to hear what we have to say. Still, that's what God wants us to do - to spread the news about Him. It can prove to be a difficult assignment. Yet, here we are.

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” - Matthew 28:18-20

So, what do we do? How do we approach the unapproachable? We have all this knowledge. How can we make them want to hear it? We have to make it about them, not about us. So, ask them questions . . . about themselves.

We have to get beyond the "Do you believe in God" question. How about using a real-life situation to share the Good News.

"Did you see where Mandissa died? Man, I saw her at Lifest not that long ago. She was only 47. At least she knew where she was going when she died. It makes you wonder. How about you? Are you right with God?"

Of course, they will answer 'yes.' Then share your testimony about how YOU got saved.

"I used to think I was going to heaven too. But then I actually read the Bible. In the Book of James it says this: "You believe that God is one. Good! Even the demons believe that - and tremble in terror" (James 2:19). There's got to be more than just believing that God exists. Is He Lord over your life? Do you follow His teachings? Why then are you living with someone? How we live our lives reflect our beliefs. What will you say to Jesus if you died in a car accident tomorrow? His answer will be, "Depart from me. I never knew you." (Matthew 7:23). Unless you KNOW Him. I love you and don't want you to spend eternity in hell. Please consider giving your life to Christ today! Right now!"

Pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment