Saturday, August 25, 2018

Problems Sleeping?

Lately I have been having trouble sleeping through the night. Like for the last several years. Why is that? I suppose one could say that my body is changing as I get older. That's true. I AM getting older and my body seems to change almost daily. But is that it?

Something wakes me up at night. Sometimes I have to go to the bathroom, sometimes I hear the wind or the rain, sometimes it's a passing Harley coming home at 2:00AM. Some thing always seems to wake me up. And that's the problem.

Once I am awake my mind takes over and I begin to think about crazy stuff. Like last night I heard it begin to rain. I started thinking about whether it was actually rain or wind. If it was wind, did it blow the tarp off the things I have covered? Were they getting wet?

You see what I mean? So how does one get back to sleep?

Last night I opened up the Bible app on my phone so I could read in the dark. I read five chapters in the Book of John - at 1:00AM. Reading usually makes me sleepy but the chapters I was reading was mainly Jesus speaking. That proved very calming to me.

So, the next time you can't sleep try reading God's Word. Not that it's boring, it's calming. It reminds us that, even though the world seems to be falling apart around us, God is in control. He is still sitting on His throne and we are his beloved children. We shouldn't have a care in the world.

"Be still, and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts." - Colossians 3:15

In His Presence - 3 Hours of Peaceful Music and Scripture

No comments:

Post a Comment