Saturday, December 15, 2018

Ringtone

I take longer to answer my phone these days. Why? Because I love my ringtone. Does your ringtone say something about you? Or is it just the standard ringtone? Which, if it is, says something about you too.

My ringtone is Over The Horizon (mellow mix) which I absolutely love. I believe that music is a transportation device for our souls. Our music takes us places where we want to go anyway. Maybe it's loud or soft, uplifting of sad. Music takes us places. Where does your music take you?

Why did God give us the ability to create music. Even the birds sing! I think it's because God like us to worship Him with our music.

Here is my challenge for you today. Listen to your favorite music. Listen to it with your eyes closed. Form a mental picture or video of the places your music takes you. Where does it take you? If your music takes you to a dark place, you need some new music! Music can a beautiful thing and it can take us places where we've always wanted to go. Or NEED to go.

For me, my ringtone takes me upward. I find myself flying over God's creation, alone, yet content. I admire the beauty, the peacefulness, the majesty as I fly. Then, as if on cue by our heavenly orchestra conductor, I look skyward and up, up, up I go. Beautiful.

May your music wrap it's arms around you and take you places you have never been before. Into the arms of God.

"15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. " - 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

Over The Horizon - Josh Joongsam Yun, Samsung Electronics

No comments:

Post a Comment