Monday, December 3, 2018

The Residual Self

Have you ever felt kind of depressed but really weren't sure why? If you are a Christian I may have an answer for you. Sadly, the reason you feel the way you do - lonely, sad, and empty . . . may be you.

It didn't occur to me until this morning - one o'clock in the morning - that there is a battle going on. I guess I knew it was going on but I didn't think I was really part of it. Then I watched a movie called Paul, Apostle of Christ. The movie was about the early church, persecuted by Rome. They lived in hiding. Many were killed because of their faith in Jesus.

Are you experiencing a spiritual loneliness? Kind of like you are on a spiritual island? Separated from those you love?

Look at yourself as I did and ask, "Why do I feel so alone? Why do I feel this way?" Well, look at the world you live in. It is secular in nature. Who do you think runs this world? It's not God. God has allowed Satan to rule the world we live in. Satan is the reason we feel this way. Do you think I am kidding? Would you believe the Apostle Paul?

"4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God." - 2 Corinthians 4:4

Not everyone feels the same way we do about Jesus. Maybe it's a family member or a co-worker. It could even be your pastor. I don't trust anyone these days. I always examine what everyone tells me by comparing it with God's Word. Is it true?

Satan doesn't want us giving glory to God so when we give God praise for something, get ready. This is a spiritual battle, not a physical one.

We must be prepared for persecution but we should also never stop giving God our praise, honor, glory and devotion. We should rejoice in our suffering because then we know that we are being used by God in a world that desperately needs Him.

"Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." - 2 Corinthians 12:7-10

What Is Real - The Matrix
Paul, Apostle of Christ Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment