Saturday, September 26, 2020

Camouflage

My wife and I were heading home from vacation yesterday when I glanced to the side at an automobile dealership. That's when I saw this guy parked right on the end of a line of new cars.

Clever. VERY clever. I never even saw him until I was right there. Lucky for me I was going the speed limit. He was in full view yet, because he was in with a bunch of other cars, I could barely detect the difference.

There is a lesson to be learned here. He is using something most hunter's use during hunting season - camouflage. Camouflage is defined as using painted, clothing or some other covering to make you bland in with your surroundings.

There are many things camouflage can be used for. Politicians use it, for example, to get themselves elected. They will tell you what you want to hear and then, if elected, they will do whatever they want to do. Political camouflage.

Have you ever heard the term Camouflage Christians? What would you think those area? It's someone who goes to church, pretends to pray, acts very religious and even says all the right words. But in actuality, they are anything but. Jesus spoke about them in His day and how to recognize them.

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them." - Matthew 7:15-20

We can recognize the police officer is we examine his car closely enough or, if we are speeding, he will recognize us! The camouflaged Christian will not bear good fruit. Many "Christians will vote for someone who supports abortion and/or gay marriage. Even though these things are clearly against God's will.

Beware of camouflaged Christians. They are everywhere. Even in the pulpit. They will use any means to deceive you. For example, politicians like to kiss babies prior to elections. Some politicians; however, support the killing babies. We need to pay attention to their fruit. Jesus says this:

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but (only) the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ - Matthew 7:21-23

Take off the camouflage, repent, believe, do God's will, and you will be saved. It's really rather clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment