Monday, September 21, 2020

Take a Vacation!

My wife and I are on vacation this week and I have been reminded of a few things that could make your life more enjoyable.

First of all, we've been so busy doing things that we have had zero time to watch television. My wife will tell you that she is more addicted to TV than her husband. It's good to unplug, especially during this political season. We haven't seen a political ad in days!

Another thing is the food. We have been eating out more which is always a dangerous thing to do. We try to make good choices. Yesterday, for example, we sat at a picnic table looking over the harbor as we ate a salad. That was relaxing and it tasted pretty good too!

I have still had the time I needed to read my Bible but I DO miss worship and my church family. But at least I can listen to my pastor remotely which is nice. The peaceful moments also lead to appreciative prayers of thanks which is also a blessing.

Missing friends and family can also be a reason to long for home but think about the reunions to come! Hugs and kisses from grandkids, children and friends are always something we can use more of. Soon!

But the thing I think I have enjoyed the most about this particular vacation is spending time alone with my wife. We have no family reunion this year, the kids are all working and our grandkids are either in school or in daycare.

Jesus, I think, is missing time spent with His wife too. That's us, His Church. I know a family reunion is getting closer each day. But I still think it that anytime is a good time to spend with God. He looks forward to our conversations together.

Do we spend enough time with Him? Do we talk with Him as we walk through the woods? Or along the boardwalk by the harbor? Probably not. But that is something we can easily change, if we want to.

"But above all pursue his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33

No comments:

Post a Comment