Wednesday, April 3, 2024

How God Answers Prayer


There can be times in our lives when it can seem like God doesn't hear our prayers. And scripture backs that up.

"When you spread out your hands in prayer, I hide my eyes from you; even when you offer many prayers, I am not listening." - Isaiah 1:15

Of course, God was speaking to a disobedient Israel. WE haven't been disobedient, have we? Nooooooo.

There are two keys to answered prayer. One, you have to believe in God. Second, you have to be righteous.

Are you righteous? Have you lived a perfect life? Of course not! Neither have I. But Jesus has, and Jesus is righteous.

"The LORD is far from the wicked, but He hears the prayer of the righteous." - Proverbs 15:29

What that means is that God hears the prayers of those who believe in His Son.

And HOW God answers our prayers is often WAY different than how we were expecting Him to answer them.

There are never any audible words from heaven. Not now anyway. But there used to be. Now God speaks to us through His Word - The Bible. And He answers prayer, often through the subtle actions of others.

Example: I went into town for a meeting with another disc golfer. While the two of us were talking, another car pulls in. It was a long-time friend who was looking for help with his golf game.

The three of us played a round together, instructing as we went. That was answered prayer for me. I prayed for that very thing - that God would show me a way that I could serve Him. I played nine holes with God's answer to that prayer.

I didn't pray a specific prayer, targeted prayer. Just a general one. God provided someone for me to teach (and more than just disc golf). He provided someone to walk alongside, and not on the disc golf course, but in life.

God always hears the prayers of His children. And He answers those prayers in ways that are according to His will and in His perfect timing.

We should not be surprised when He does this, but we SHOULD be ready. May God bless you today, as you serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment