Wednesday, April 10, 2024

The Parable Parable


Each week I publish three of these stories. Sometime they're so-so. Other times I think they're wonderful. But they are always about God.

The thing about these stories, and about the parables of Jesus, is that not everyone is receptive to the message, or the subject. Either people don't care about Jesus, or the good news of the Gospel, or they love it!

"This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.

In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’ - Matthew 13:13:15

I don't expect everyone to read these stories, just like Jesus KNEW that not everyone would receive HIS message. So, why do I bother writing them?

For me, I can't help but write. I see God at work in so many things around me. I simply just write it down. Easy. Writing stories about God is an act of worship for me. I use a gift that I have been given to me by God and I use it for His glory.

God knows that not everyone will respond to His message. He knew that not everyone would listen to His prophets. Not that I am a prophet. Hardly. But we are all servants of The Most High God.

When something pops into my head, I simply write it down. It's my e-journal. This story is an example of that. It was written at 2:00 AM.

Recently, I wrote a story that I thought was absolutely wonderful. I was so excited to share it. Yet, when I did so, hardly anyone read it.

Doesn't that hurt? A little. But I don't write these stories for MY glory, but for God's. There are plenty of writers who are more eloquent than me. More talented. But I am compelled to write. I can't NOT write.

There are over 1,760 stories in this blog. The topics may vary, but the subject never changes. Like the old Bryan Adams song says, "Everything I do, I do it for you."

If you are reading this, I thank you. I appreciate you. As for me, now that I have these thoughts all written down, I'm going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment