Saturday, April 20, 2024

Send Her My Love


I love the old Journey songs. Especially the ballads. Open Arms, Faithfully, Who's Cryin' Now....

I was playing DJ for my wife the other night. Just randomly playing old songs from the 70's and 80's. Kind of like one of those old Time-Life commercials.

This song came up and I played it. I hadn't heard it for quite a while and thought, "This song almost sounds like a prayer."

And then it hit me. It IS a prayer!

Dear Lord . . . .

It's been so long
Since I've seen her face
You say she's doin' fine
I still recall a sad cafe
How it hurt so bad to see her cry
I didn't want to say goodbye

So, this story is for a couple of friends of mine who lost their mothers to cancer a few years ago. I know how they feel, losing someone you love so very much. My mother also died of cancer, but I think that there is an extra-special bond between a mother and a daughter.

The song (prayer) continues . . .

Callin' out her name, I'm dreamin'
Reflections of a face I'm seein'
It's her voice that keeps on haunting me

Send her, send her my love
Roses never fade
Memories remain
Send her, send her my love.

Thank you, Lord. Amen.

I think it is those 'remaining memories' that keep someone alive in our hearts. And even though they are gone from this earthly place, if they had placed their faith in Jesus, we know for sure that they are with Him right now.

"Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord." - 2 Corinthians 5:8

If we close our eyes and open up our hearts, those memories come flooding back. But oh, to see the faces of our loved ones again one day, 'what a day, a glorious day that will be.'

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully." - 1 Corinthians 13:12

Thank you Lord for the gift of love. And for the ability to keep someone alive in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment