Monday, April 1, 2024

The Love List


"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me."-
1 Corinthians 13:11


There is a transformation that takes place when one becomes a follower of Jesus. Paul alludes to it in the verse above saying, "I put the ways of childhood behind me." He left one way of thinking in favor of another, better way.

This transformation is brought about by the Holy Spirit. And what a wonderful transformation it is!

Paul continues, just two verses later, to tell us what his 'top three' benefits are in becoming 'a believer.'

"These three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." - 1 Corinthians 13:13

It is our faith in God that brings us hope. Hope is a wonderful thing. Without it, why are we still here? People have taken their own lives because they do not have any hope left. Hope is an essential.

Faith leads to hope. And hope leads to love. If we say we believe in Jesus and also say,  "no one loves me" we are a liar and The Truth (Jesus) is not in us. Jesus loves us.

"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." - John 14:6

Here's a fun little exercise. Make a list of all the people you love. They may not love you, but you love them. Hopefully, your list is lengthy. Would you be willing to die so that they might live?

I am wrote this story the morning we celebrate Jesus rising from the dead. He died once, for all. Even his enemies!

Do you remember the Roman Centurion? He was one of those who had just crucified Jesus. After Jesus had given up His spirit the Centurion said this, "Truly, this man was the Son of God." - Matthew 27:54

What do you think the Centurion's life was like after that day? Knowing that he helped kill the Son of the Living God?

We meet people every day. In line at the grocery store, at school, at the gas station. Do we love them? If we do, would they be able to tell? Maybe they need some hope. Do they know Jesus?

Tell them about Him and what He has done in your life. How He has given you hope through your faith. You will soon find yourself adding to that 'love list' you just made. And isn't that love list really a prayer list?

The key is faith. The gift that awaits is love.

"You have received, freely give." - Matthew 10:8

Freely, Freely - Aaron & Esther

No comments:

Post a Comment