Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Love

I'm having a bit of a milestone moment here this morning. This is the 1000th story I have written for this blog. So, what shall I write about? The Millennial Kingdom perhaps? Ha ha! No.

What would God want me to write about? This would be my guess.

“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” - Matthew 22:37-40

Love is an amazing thing. If you have never experienced it, it really is amazing. There are different kinds of love too. Parental, spousal, familial, relational, emotional, physical, spiritual, etc. It is also possible to love pets, countries, flags, potato chips and milk too.

With so many things to love in life, why are so many people not finding it?

I think it's because they are "looking for love in all the wrong places."

Several years ago I talked with a young lady who was struggling in her relationships. She still is. I asked her to describe the perfect guy and she did. I then asked, "Where do you think you'll find that guy?" "In church?" was her reply. She continues to date and seek out "hot" guys in bars.

Guess what . . . love doesn't have a face or a body. Love is an emotion. We need to quite using our eyes to find it and examine our own hearts instead. Sometimes though our hearts get damaged and we become afraid to love. God has something to say about that.

"There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear." - 1 John 4:18

I like to tell people that I love them. Why? Because I am old and I might not get another chance? Lol! That's partially true I guess. But the real reason I tell people I love them is that God wants us to love others and not everybody is a mind-reader.

Hey, I love you and I don't even know who you are!

Today, if you are with a friend, a spouse, a child or a neighbor, tell somebody you love them. It's what God wants us to do. It's actually a command. So. What are we waiting for?

Nobody Loves Me Like You - Chris Tomlin

2 comments: