Saturday, June 1, 2019

Unplugged

This past weekend we said goodbye to my sister-in-law's husband Pat. After the funeral we said goodbye to his wife. When asked what she would do now she simply said, "I think I'm going to unplug for a while." Smart lady.

I started "unplugging" a few weeks ago when I surpassed my data limit on my phone. I was forced to limit my phone usage and guess what? I really have enjoyed it.

Oh sure, there were those times when I wanted to check Facebook or my e-mail but those moments faded when I was faced with paying extra fees. I'm such a cheapskate.

The beauty of unplugging is that you suddenly have time to do other things. We ALL could use some spare time. What would YOU do if you had any?

I have been reading more. That's a good thing. I have also been able to work on some unfinished projects, which has been really sweet. But what I really enjoy is the quiet. The times in the early morning hours to just sit and think rather than scroll and surf.

Do you have adequate time to spend with God? To thank Him for all of the things He has given you? Your family, your friends, a job, a house, food on the table. Everything!

Take the advice of my sister-in-law. Unplug, close your eyes and pray. Renew your mind! You will be glad you did.

"2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will." - Romans 12:2

All Of Creation - MercyMe (unplugged)

No comments:

Post a Comment