Monday, June 10, 2019

Monday Already?

Usually, when Monday mornings roll around, we find ourselves wondering, "Where did the weekend go?" That's how it was in our house this morning. Friday night dinner with friends, visiting relatives, yard work, a ball game. Time sure does fly when you're having fun.

That's kind of the way it's been with this blog. I've been writing these stories for several years now. This particular story is number 999. Again, time flies.

Nearly all of my stories have been about God and His workings as I see them occurring in the world around me. Kind of an eye-witness thing. Other stories have been opinion pieces but ALL have been based in the truth of God's Word.

Sometimes these stories have run afoul of public opinion. Tough noogies. Public opinion often flows contrary to God and His Word. We ARE a stiff-necked people according to God. Ain't THAT the truth!

So, beginning with story number 1,000 I am going to be changing things up a bit. Rather than a Monday-Wednesday, Saturday thing, I will only be inflicting you with these musings "as God leads". If there is nothing to write about, I won't write. But if there are multiple things to write about, I will write about them all. You have been warned!

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." - Colossians 3:17

I like to write, therefore I shall. I love God, therefore I shall write about Him - either ABOUT Him or to bring glory TOO Him. That's what that verse we just read tells me to do.

Not many people read my stories anymore. That's okay. I don't write these stories to change people's minds about a particular topic. I write my stories to make people think. To think about God. There is a tendency for us not to think about Him in our busyness and the hurried state in which we always seem to find ourselves.

So, until next time, whenever that is, love God and love one another. The last will be first and the first shall be last. Whoever have ears to hear, let him hear.

"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms." - 1 Peter 4:10

Glory To God Forever - Fee

No comments:

Post a Comment