Monday, June 24, 2019

The Biggest Question

During a recent appearance on The Late Show, Stephen Colbert asked Keanu Reeves, “What do you think happens when we die?” Keanu replied “I know that the ones who love us will miss us.”

That was a big question to try to answer. But it is not THEE biggest.

Our pastor gave a message yesterday which he entitled "The Great Divide". And that it was. But it could also have been called "The Biggest Question."

The text for the sermon was Mark 8:27-30 but I'll narrow it down to one verse for you. Verse 20

29 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?

That is a HUGE question that we ALL must answer. Peter answered well.

Peter answered, “You are the Messiah.” - Mark 8:29

How would YOU answer that question? Thee biggest of questions.

Is God someone you call on only when you get into trouble? Is He your magic Jeanie or your spare tire in the trunk? Those are all answers that people give but none of those is not the best answer.

Jesus will ask us the question one day. "Who do YOU say I Am?"

Funny thing is, He just gave us the answer.

"I Am."

"God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." - Exodus 3:14

God needs to be everything to us. He needs to be our Lord, our Savior, our King, our Messiah, Our Hero, Our Example, The King of Kings, The Lord of Lords, The First, The Last, The Beginning and the End, The Alpha and the Omega.

Is He all those things in your life? I hope and pray that He is, for that is the Biggest and Best Answer.

Who Am I? - Casting Crowns
Is He Worthy? - Chris Tomlin
The Biggest Question Promo - Wretched TV


No comments:

Post a Comment