Saturday, July 27, 2019

Interpreting Dreams

Have you had any dreams lately? I had one this week that was really weird. So, what do our dreams mean anyway? Are they messages from God or did we just have too many burritos for dinner the night before?

I tried really hard going back to sleep this morning, to finish my dream. That failed. So I got up and wrote down all the details that I could remember. It still doesn't make any sense. I need a Daniel in my life.

"Take me to the king, and I will interpret his dream for him.” - Daniel 2:24

In doing a little research about dream interpretation I learned that, according to psychiatrists, general themes are more important than the details. For example, the dreams Daniel interpreted for the king contained statues and trees. The dreams were really about nations, kingdoms and prophetic events.

My dream started out in a dimly-lit room where I was involved in a conversation with someone. I asked to hear their personal testimony of how God saved them. As the tears were welling up in my friend's eyes a man came into the room and took me to another room where he presented me with a dark grey hockey jersey that had orange lettering on it. I spend the rest of my dream trying to get back to my friend but was unable to.

My interpretation is this: When someone wants to have a conversation about God, do not let anything get in the way to distract from that conversation. Not even a hockey jersey! Schedules, favorite television shows, writing blog stories, previous engagements of any kind. Things of God are the most important. He is where our focus should be.

"When the rain washed you clean, you'll know." - Dreams, Fleetwood Mac

How will Satan try to distract us today in our dreams? And in this world?

Dreams - Fleetwood Mac

2 comments: