Monday, July 1, 2019

The Parable of The Hummingbird Feeder

My wife and I love to watch the hummingbirds come to our feeder. We have it positioned right outside our kitchen window. When any of us sees a hummingbird at our feeder we always cry out, "Hummer!" thereby sharing the joy in knowing that one of our little friends has come for a visit.

Our faith has to have that same enjoyment and enthusiasm I think. When we see God working in our lives it seems like we too should cry out "Jesus!" or "God is here!"

That is the purpose of this blog. I write about places and events where I see God working. It is enjoyable for me to do so. I don't write to please people or increase my blog traffic. I write to honor God.

Our hummingbird feeder's sugar water became a little fermented during a recent heat wave. The hummingbirds still came but quickly left after tasting the nastiness. We then replaced the bad stuff in favor of clear, cool hummer juice and back they came.

Many churches today allow "the world" to come into its teaching. What that does is dilute the Gospel message. People begin leaving the church. God removes His blessing from its activities and the church falls apart.

That's why it is so important to stick to God's word. To always have that crisp, clear, un-tainted good news in our spiritual feeder. Anything else will leave a bad taste in the mouths of true Christians and we will leave the unworthy feeder behind.

"Therefore, laying aside falsehood, SPEAK TRUTH EACH ONE of you WITH HIS NEIGHBOR, for we are members of one another." - Ephesians 4:25

Hummingbird Pool Party

No comments:

Post a Comment