Monday, October 7, 2019

Can't Sleep?

Some people have trouble falling asleep at night. Not me. My problem is waking up in the middle of the night THEN trying to get back to sleep. How about you? What keeps you up at night?

For me, once my mind gets going at two or three AM, it's hard to shut it off. I find myself thinking about one thing after another. Next thing you know an hour has gone by. How about you? Do you find yourself awake at night when you really don't want to be? What do YOU do?

Sometime during my nocturnal awake time I invariably ask myself. "What are you doing? What are you thinking about? It's 3AM!" The keyword is "focus".

That's when I pray - to get my mind off things of this world and re-focused on things above.

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." - Colossians 3:1-2

When I begin praying about the people in my life or the thankfulness I have for all that God has done, I find that my singular focus calms me and reigns in my brain to the point where God alone is in my head. That is a wonderful place to be. And that's where it should be.

Dreaming of Eden - Skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment