Saturday, October 26, 2019

Too Good To Be True

I watched a little bit of the World Series Thursday night. A commercial came on for Amazon Prime. The ad featured an old Four Seasons song - Too Good To Be True. Being a child of the 60's I started singing along as it played. However, my singing stopped rather abruptly when they skipped some of the words. "And I thank God I'm alive."

What a sad, sad world we live in. Wouldn't want to offend anyone, but let's offend the Christians. We don't fight back. We're always turning the other cheek. Why??

38“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also." - Matthew 5:38-39

As frustrating as this world gets, as much as we want to fight back, we must remember one thing. We are not of this world! And we have a God who fights battles for His people. And there IS a battle coming. And a big one at that.

So take heart my brothers and sisters. Even though these times keep getting more and more ridiculous, we WILL be leaving soon. Our ticket has already been purchased. I wonder what the Amazons and Apples of the world will do when all of the Christians are gone. That will be up to them and their God - money.

In related news, "Amazon Jeff Bezos will reportedly drop to the No. 2 spot on the list of the world's richest people after Amazon's stock price tumbled in after hours trading on Thursday." - Fox News

Let us not take our eyes off You, Lord.

Can't Take My Eyes Off You - The Four Seasons

No comments:

Post a Comment