Monday, October 28, 2019

Have You Seen Him?

I saw a meme this week that I thought was pretty good. It simply said, "Live in such a way that men may recognize that you have been with Jesus - Charles Spurgeon." I thought about that for a minute. Do other people see Jesus when they look at me? I hope they do but, quite honestly, I am afraid they don't.

You see, everybody has their own idea about who Jesus is and that's a problem. The Pharisee's knew who Jesus was . . . and they tried to kill Him. The demons knew who Jesus was and they feared Him. Trying to be like Jesus to a dying world comes with consequences.

Being like Jesus comes with a price to be paid. From what I read in the Bible we are to be like Jesus even if it costs us our lives. I'm okay with that but it is just a reminder of what is in store for us when we take a stand on any number of things.

This week I saw where Pastor John MacArthur spoke out against Beth Moore's preaching. He says that there is no Biblical basis for women preaching in the church. Yet, more and more these days, churches are allowing women preachers. But the more important issue with Beth Moore is her false teaching, claiming direct revelation from Jesus.

I would like to take Spurgeon's quote from my first paragraph and re-write it for our churches of today. Teach in such a way that the congregations may recognize that THEY have been with Jesus . . . through the 100% written revelation of God. The Bible.

Only Jesus - Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment