Wednesday, May 27, 2020

My Wife Is Moana

Yesterday I realized that I am married to a movie star - Moana. Well, sort of.

You see, my wife and I went for a walk yesterday next to a river. As we walked down the path we came upon a painted turtle trying to cross the busy trail.

My wife quickly let go of my hand and walked over to the baby turtle. She watched over it until it made it's way to the other side and safety.

My wife's act of kindness reminded me of the scene in Moana where the young island princess does the same thing. She left behind her pursuit of a seashell to save the innocent little turtle who was on a journey of his own.

"What man among you, who has 100 sheep and loses one of them, does not leave the 99 in the open field and go after the lost one until he finds it?" - Luke 15:4

Jesus speaks a lot about things that are, or are about to become, lost. The whole of Luke's chapter 15 addresses the subject. Why? Why so much attention about lost things?

That's easy. Jesus spoke these words for our benefit. We ARE the lost sheep. We ARE the lost coin. We ARE the lost son.

What happens when lost things are found in Luke 15?

The Lost Sheep - "Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!" (v6)
The Lost Coin - "Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!" (v9)
The Lost Son - "But the father said to his servants, ‘Bring out the best robe and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23 And bring the fatted calf here and kill it, and let us eat and be merry; 24 for this my son was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ And they began to be merry." - (v22-24)

Jesus LOVES finding lost people. And whenever He finds one there is much celebrating in heaven.

"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." - Luke 15:7

Who is the baby turtle in YOUR life? Is there someone we should be praying about today that is in need of rescuing by Jesus? Let us pray for the lost that they too might be found. Then let the rejoicing begin!

Moana Saves A Baby Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment