Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Blessings

Blessings from God are wonderful things. We are never able to predict them, they usually come at the weirdest times, and they are always, ALWAYS, something you would never expect.

One of God's many blessings rained down on me Monday around lunchtime as I was driving home from town.

I was in the process of finishing off my amazing KwikTrip Mushroom & Swiss burger (on sale) when I came upon two people walking down the road.

The lady waved. I waved back. Then I noticed it was Jan, a friend of mine from church. She was probably out walking with her son Chris I thought. Nope. It was Paul!

I slammed on the brakes as I passed them and turned around. You see my friend Paul is being treated for a cancerous brain tumor and I hadn't seen him since his diagnosis.

It was SO good to see my friend Paul. So many times I had driven by their house on my way home. "I should really stop and visit Paul." or "I should tell Jan that if she needs anything that I live close by." I never did. But apparently God thought I should do ALL those things so He made it happen. And I'm glad He did.

The three of us stood by the side of the road and talked, and laughed and then laughed some more. Just what all three of us needed. And God therefore provided.

There is a lesson to be learned here. ALWAYS take the time when presented with opportunities to "love your neighbor." You will be blessed. THEY will be blessed. GOD will be blessed.

As evidence of this I give you the faces in this picture. Do you see any signs of a grim diagnosis on their faces? No. All you can see joy! And do you know why? It's because each of us knows a great God who saves.

Look at my friend Paul's face. Two words come to my mind. Gritty determination. Paul hopes to take a trip to Florida to ride on a roller coaster. He'll do it. Gritty determination!

But now two other words are popping into my head and they are the best of all. God's grace.

My friends, if you don't know the Lord, please consider it. There is such joy to be found.

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. 20Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign Lord comes escape from death." - Psalm 68:19-20

Our God Saves - Paul Baloche

No comments:

Post a Comment