Wednesday, March 24, 2021

The Miracles of God

As we approach Easter, the celebration of God's raising Jesus from the dead, it seems like a fitting time to reflect on God and His performing miracles in people's lives.

A few weeks ago I wrote a story about meeting a friend of mine on a rural road near our house. The story was about my friend's battle with cancer and his dealing with the terminal nature of his brain tumor.

To briefly recap, his doctors had given him a few months to live. He had already contacted people about serving as pall bearers at his funeral. The end was pretty much in site, Then this Facebook post last night . . .

"Hey guys, I got the results of my MRI..."

Then this these.

"I'm CURED through Christ!"

"They are amazed. Like it never happened."

And then this.

"It's a miracle from God"

And that it is!! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

King Hezekiah was told that his life would soon be coming to an end. Hezekiah prayed and wept. God heard his prayer and extended Hezekiah's life. A miracle! A gift from God!!

"In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, went to him and said to him, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live.’ ”

2Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the Lord, 3and said, “Remember now, O Lord, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what is good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

4And the word of the Lord came to Isaiah, saying, 5“Go and tell Hezekiah, ‘Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will add to your days fifteen years. 6I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria, and I will defend this city.” - Isaiah 38:1-6

Some people mock Christians for our faith. but look at my friend Paul, suddenly cancer free. We pray, we seek help from a great God who saves. Some people "trust in the science." They trust their doctors. But as for me and my Christian brothers and sisters, we trust in the Lord!

Lord, we thank you and praise you for hearing our prayers. There is NO ONE like You!!

Our God - Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment