Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The Prodigal Disc

Incoming texts from unknown phone numbers usually go right into the trash, but the one I received last fall was different. The message simply said, "I found your Wraith."

"My Wraith?" I thought. "I didn't lose a Wrai . . ." Wait a minute. I DID lose a Wraith. A year ago!

I lost my disc when my wife and I were vacationing in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. A year ago! And now it had been found over 400 miles away from where I lost it! That's amazing!!

There are two reasons I am getting my disc back. The first is because I took the time to write my name and phone number on the disc, in case it ever got lost. The second reason I got my lost disc back is because the person who found it was thoughtful enough to call the number.

When we get lost in life, held captive by the unseen forces at working in this sin-filled world, we don't have a phone number written on our foreheads. If someone finds us wandering around somewhere, lost, how will we ever get returned to our rightful owner?

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace 8which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, 9having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, 10that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Him. 11In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, 12that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.

13In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory." - Ephesians 1:7-13

If we have been identified "in Christ", if God is "our owner", we WILL be found and returned to our home.

Do you have His identifying mark on your heart? Have you received Jesus as your Lord and Savior? It is the only way you will be able to get back home.

Another note to add to this story, which I wrote last fall, hoping I would soon be getting my disc back. My sister picked up the long lost disc this past weekend. There IS a difference between HOPING I will get something and KNOWING I will get something. KNOW Jesus. It's way better than only thinking you know Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment