Monday, March 1, 2021

The Parable of The Puzzle

Life can be difficult at times. Sometimes all the pieces don't quite fit together correctly. Other times some of our pieces come up missing. Life also comes in different shapes and sizes and with varying difficulty levels. Some lives seem so simple compared to ours. Life is basically a puzzle.

I like doing jigsaw puzzles. Charles Wysocki is my favorite artist. I can do a 1000-piece puzzle in about a day and a half. Not bragging. Just stating the facts so I can establish some baseline information for my story.

My son-in-law brought me a puzzle this past weekend. He knows what I like! It's only 500 pieces, so it should be pretty easy, right? Wrong. It's a winter landscape. the sky is white, the trees are white, the ground is white. So is the table I am assembling things on! I am currently into day two and I am not even half way done.

Life can be difficult at times too. Relationships as well. I think we all go through difficult times to teach us things. God uses tough times to strengthen our character and to make us into who He wants us to be. He can also use difficult times to make us lean on Him more than we do.

Are you going through a tough time right now? Have you prayed? Have you reached out to God for help? Has God placed anyone in your life for "such a time as this?"

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." - Psalm 46:1

Our biggest struggle in life is often our own pride. WE can do this! WE can handle things on our own. When the easiest thing to do is to reach out to God for help, for strength, for patience.

The jigsaw puzzle I have on our table WILL be completed. There is no doubt in my mind. I'll get through it. And this puzzle has taught me things along the way. How to examine things more closely for subtle shade changes and patterns. We can do the same thing with our lives.

Are you struggling right now? Why? Examine. Do you need help with something? A relationship perhaps? Seek God's help in prayer. Prayer is ALWAYS an excellent place to begin.

I should have prayed before starting this jigsaw puzzle!!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment